Thu Dec 10 12:09pm EST
• I started fast with a 3-1 start in September, but didn't win back-to-back games again for the rest of the season and dropped three of the last four in November.
• I began the year by allowing 52 points on 444 yards rushing in my first game against a I-A opponent, and ended by allowing 52 points on 517 yards passing in the season finale, both road losses.
• I produced a 1,000-yard rusher for the fourth time in five years and once produced two separate 100-yard rushers in the same game despite an injury to the starting running back, but finished in the bottom half of the conference in every major offensive category.
• I was outscored by 3.1 points per game, and outgained on average by a little more than 37 yards.
• I failed to finish in the top half of the country (60th or better) in any major statistical category except scoring defense (59th), sacks (60th) and sacks allowed (60th).
• I fired my head coach at the conclusion of the regular season for failing to produce a winning conference record in five years at the helm, after his predecessor finished at least two games above .500 every season.
If you said Marshall was going to a bowl game, congratulations! The 6-6 Thundering Herd will be on to Detroit to take on the Ohio Bobcats on Dec. 26 in the newly-coined Little Caesars Pizza Bowl, nee the Motor City Bowl. Marshall should have a new coach by then to replace Mark Snyder, who was fired after the Herd's 52-21 loss at UTEP in the regular season finale despite his best season in Huntington in five years.